Monday, January 18, 2016

Assorted Star Wars Mini Cakes

These are the three miniature cakes I made with the leftover cake scraps from my R2D2 cake from three days ago. These were really just shaped I carved out of my scraps and whipped up a small batch of (vegan) chocolate icing and used my leftover meringue pieces to decorate. They are all Star Wars characters as well. On the left is Dark Vador. On the right is Chewbacca, and at the top there I tried to make Yoda, but the shape I cut out reminded me more of Princess Leia's hair, so I went with that instead. 
The chocolate icing recipe is simple: I mixed about one part unsweetened cocoa powder to one part icing sugar together; you can vary these rations depending on how dark you would like the icing to be. I added a few spoonfuls of liquid coconut oil, a drop of vanilla extract, and enough almond milk to reach the proper consistency. 

No comments: