Wednesday, March 18, 2015

An Irish Feast

Here is the Saint Patrick's Day meal I made, featuring some traditional Irish dishes, some green dishes, and some minty dishes. To decide what to make, I began by listing all Irish dishes I could think of, the ones that were well known. I then listed all the naturally green foods I could think of, then thought about dishes (desserts) that would taste good with mint flavoring. From that list, I chose my final meal, with some input from my diners as well. The recipes and further explanations will follow in the days to come.

Appetizers:
Irish Porter Cheese
Green Avocado
Cream of Asparagus Soup

Mains:
Irish Lamb Stew in a Bread Bowl

Sides:
Champ Potatoes
Irish Soda Bread

Desserts:
Pistachio-Crusted Mint Chocolate Cream Pie
Mint Nanaimo Bars
Emerald Truffles

Drinks:
Frothy Malt Grasshopper
Ginger Ale
Pictured here from left to right: bread bowls, cream of asparagus soup, Irish lamb stew, champ potatoes, Irish cheese and avocado. Dessert pictures are coming soon!!!

No comments: