Sunday, August 03, 2014

Tartziki

We recently had halibut for supper. I wanted to make a quick sauce to accompany it, but I couldn't decide what kind. I finally narrowed it down to two - but was torn between making a tartar sauce, a classic choice for fish, or tzatziki, not typical for fish but delicious. I have had both of these sauces before, but never made them myself. I came up with a new creation - tartziki - a cross between tartar sauce and tzatziki.
Tartziki
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon finely chopped cucumber
1 Tablespoon finely chopped white onion
1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1/2 Tablespoon sweet green relish
pinch sugar
pinch salt
dash of white or apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Fold all ingredients together in a small bowl. This makes just enough for two to four servings of fish, so scale recipe up accordingly. Any leftovers make a great dip for veggies

No comments: