Sunday, August 10, 2014

Homemade Noodles With Tomato Sauce and Caramelized Vegetables

These are the homemade noodles I made from yesterday. I guess if you were to put a name to them, they are closest to fettucini noodles, though they definitely are not perfectly consistent. I did all the work by hand, no pasta maker, and this was my first time, so overall I thought they turned out pretty well. I decided to serve them with simple toppings, so I paired the pasta with a simple tomato sauce, then caramelized some fresh thinly sliced mushrooms and onion rings in a little butter and olive oil. A turn of cracked black pepper and a shaving of Parmesan cheese was all that was needed to round out this dish. Serve as a light lunch, or make it a complete meal with a light salad, garlic bread, and perhaps a bean salad or grilled meat for some protein. 

No comments: