Saturday, April 16, 2016

Third Place In Doubles Competition

Today I participated in the doubles culinary competition at my school. Fifteen teams of two competed - teams consisting of one first year student paired with one second year student. I am happy to say that my amazing partner and I placed third overall! This competition was just like the other two I did at my school - four hours to produce a three course meal for six people. This time though, instead of getting a runner we had a partner to help us. I am very proud of what my partner and I accomplished tonight!
Our mandatory black box ingredients were mussels and whole halibut for the appetizer, pork tenderloin and ground chicken for the entree, as well as caul fat, asiago cheese, and fresh strawberries. In addition, we had to submit a recipe for our mussels in the appetizer. Congratulations to all participants! It was a very fun competition. :) 

No comments: